Emerging companies may require a formal valuation for numerous reasons, from issuing equity compensation to raising capital to selling the company. In this program, Glen McElwee from Moody, Famiglietti & Andronico (MFA) will discuss the fundamentals of valuations.
Topics for this seminar include:
• When to obtain an outside valuation
• What constitutes a qualified appraiser
• Standards of value (Fair Value, Synergistic Value, Fair Market Value etc.)
• The valuation process and the most common valuation methods
• Factors affecting value
• Practical considerations regarding valuation as it relates to raising capital or positioning for a liquidity event