McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Benefits Analyst for its office located in Newark, NJ. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at email@example.com.
The Benefits Analyst will be responsible and accountable for supporting the Benefits Manager on the administrative and financial operations of the benefits plans, which includes accurate invoice processing and financial reconciliations. The Benefits Analyst will also work closely with the Chief Human Resources Officer, Director of Benefits and Payroll Department.
- Process and audit all monthly benefits invoices for payment
- Process weekly self-insured medical claims funding reports and wire requests
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation for benefits
- Responsible for accurate 401(k) deferral contributions and loans in ADP
- Responsible for monthly auditing of all benefit plans to ensure accurate benefit deductions
- Prepare semi-monthly 401(k) funding reports and wire requests
- Responsible for semi-monthly 401(k) payroll audits
- Process semi-monthly FSA reports and wire requests
- Handle new hire and departure communications process
- Assist Benefits Manager with wellness programs to align with monthly topics that correlate with services provided through the benefits carriers and associated with our population’s health, as well as organize annual flu shot events, webinars, etc.
- Resolve benefit eligibility and claim issues as well as respond to employee benefit inquiries
- Assist Benefits Manager in administration of all leaves of absence claims
- Administer Worker’s Compensation claims and annual OSHA reporting
- Assist Benefits Manager with the annual 401(k) audit and non-discrimination testing
- Supports activities related to the annual 5500 government filings for all benefits plans as well as annual plan audits.
- Assist Benefits Manager with year-end processes, e.g. ACA reporting and distribution of annual health care notices.
- Administer Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS) Medicare Subsidy process
- Assist Benefits Manager with the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and coordinate employee meetings
- Organize annual Benefit Fairs and employee meetings for Open Enrollment
- Assist with maintaining the Firm’s benefit information in our ADP system
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Windows 2010, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, HRB/ADP).
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships and confidence among management, employees and vendors by being a subject matter expert and delivering consistent results.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to work independently, as well as a team player.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Requires 5+ years of experience administering all aspects of health and welfare benefit plans.
Education and Training Required:
B.A./B.S. or equivalent life experience.
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are essential to particular positions within the class.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.