McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Financial Systems Analyst for its Newark, NJ, office. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified interdepartmental resource for Structured Query Language (SQL), reporting, financial analysis, and solution design. Responsible for providing financial data and support to the entire Client Value team to assist the department with improving profitability, operational efficiency, and overall organizational effectiveness. This position requires strong technical and project management skills.
- Produce routine analyses to CSO and other members of Client Value and Finance measuring and monitoring key performance metrics related to Practice Group performance, including trends identified.
- Track and analyze revenue growth, profit margin, other measures of financial productivity at the timekeeper, client, matter, area of law, and industry levels, including trends identified.
- Work with Client Value Team to develop internal and external reporting tools to improve insights to performance of client/matter budgets and alternative pricing solutions.
- Develop and maintain system of client/matter performance alerts as directed by the Client Value Team for Billing Attorneys, members of the Client Value Team, other administrative departments, and Practice Group leadership.
- Monitor compliance and business hygiene goals with established phase/task code sets and other critical Client Value Team data points.
- Develop user-friendly workflows for capturing critical data.
- Maintain confidentiality of firm financial matters. Contribute to team growth through strong team interactions, be comfortable accepting and providing constructive feedback, and be driven by a personal commitment to quality and timeliness.
- In depth knowledge of relational database systems, SQL and database programming, Microsoft SQL Server strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Solid knowledge of relational database systems, SQL and database programming, MS SQL Server preferred
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or analogous platform, and of general reporting principles
- Experience performing statistical analysis of large data sets and producing meaningful information/reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with team members and colleagues.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong team player.
- Three years of legal industry financial analysis and/or financial systems experience, including some previous experience in a Fortune 1000 corporate legal department or AMLaw 200 firm.
- Experience with 3E.
- Experience creating useful reporting tools
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are essential to particular positions within the class.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.