McCarter & English, LLP seeks a Human Resources Generalist to be based in the Newark office. If you have relevant experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send you resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HR Onboarding including prescreening resumes, identifying employment agencies for all offices, placing employment ads, interviewing, offer letters, background checks, new hire paperwork
- Human Resource Policy Management
- Management of online application, applicant flow log for EEO report
- Prepare and maintain job descriptions
- Coordinate the annual staff performance evaluation process
- Manage the employee engagement initiative
- Human Resource Budget management
- Serve as backup for the HRIS/Compensation Manager
- Coordinate events such as Staff Appreciation Week, Take your Child to Work Day, Etc.
- Creation and maintenance of HR files
- Other duties as may be required
Training and Experience
- College degree in Human Resources or a related field with a minimum of five (5) year of Human Resources experience preferred or a combination of training (high school diploma required) and a minimum of eight (8) years of Human Resources experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill
- Good knowledge of Human Resources practices, laws and policies
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.