McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking an Information Security Engineer for its office located in Newark, NJ. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at email@example.com.
Information security engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. The security engineers is expected to have meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines. To ensure success, the Information security engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network.
Information Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security incidents and breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
Information Security Engineer Requirements:
- A degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification.
- 5+ years of work experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics in a cyber security or an IT security role.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT field in various roles.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Endpoint Security, and other cyber security and IT security tools.
- Proficiency in Power Shell and/or other scripting tools.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer