McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Legal Project Coordinator for its Boston, East Brunswick, Hartford, New York, Newark, Philadelphia, Stamford, Washington D.C. or Wilmington offices. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at email@example.com.
Characteristics of the Class: The Legal Project Coordinator will support Legal Project Managers as they lead cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional legal services to clients across a number of practice areas. The core responsibilities of this role are to work with firm colleagues and external stakeholders to coordinate project schedules, resources, and information and steward project execution within a consistent framework that ensures efficiency and quality deliverables.
- Work closely with client teams and project managers to maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organize and participate in stakeholder meetings, document agenda and action items, and follow up to ensure execution.
- Create reports, presentations, and documents using Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Partner across the firm to ensure adherence to outside counsel guidelines, with focus on staffing, reporting, and working with the Finance team to meet client billing requirements and other administrative procedures.
- Support the implementation, use, and further development of legal project management and knowledge management tools and resources (e.g., Clocktimizer, viGlobal, Kira, Intapp, HighQ, etc.) and help to integrate legal project management techniques into the culture of the firm.
- Contribute to the development of legal project management methodologies and tools by collaborating with colleagues within the firm, clients, and vendors.
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement through strong team interactions, being comfortable accepting and providing constructive feedback, and a personal commitment to quality, innovation, and follow through.
- 2+ years of project coordination experience within a professional services, consulting, strategic initiatives, or business transformation department. Experience supporting a C-suite executive as a chief of staff or executive assistant may also be a good fit.
- Associate degree in a related field or the equivalent experience.
- Highly organized, attentive to details, and ability to manage simultaneous or competing priorities.
- Strong communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of clients, senior partners, junior team members, business professional staff, other outside counsel, and vendors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with or an interest in learning project and file management technology, including document management systems, project extranets, databases, collaboration portals, SharePoint, and Smartsheet.
- Willing to challenge and question assumptions and propose alternative and bold solutions.
- Flexibility to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Experience in a law firm, corporate legal department, or other legal services environment.
- Paralegal Certificate, MBA, and/or J.D.
- Experience using and training others to use formal project management and process improvement tools and techniques.
- Formal project management or process improvement qualification, such as PRINCE2 or PMP
- Understanding of developments in industry-agnostic project management and the dialog around the future of legal services.
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are essential to particular positions within the class. McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.