McCarter & English, LLP is actively seeking a nurse paralegal to work with the Products Liability, Mass Torts and Consumer Class Actions Practice Group in our Newark, NJ office. The successful applicant will assist attorneys by providing nursing support services pertaining to client legal files. Duties will include review and analyses of medical reports for general litigation cases, and drafting medical summaries and correspondence summarizing expert opinions.
- Assist attorneys with medical evidence preparation & organization for hearings and trials
- Reviewing deposition and trial transcripts
- Analyze medical records to evaluate care and status of the claimant
- Compose and type document productions, including case analysis memoranda for attorneys
- Outline and narrative summaries, chronologies of medical records, and correspondence and reports
- Assisting lawyers and paralegals in other paralegal tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Research, analytical, organizational and critical thinking required
- High degree of initiative and the ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience preparing and reviewing medical chronologies
- Proficient understanding & utilization of medical technology, anatomical drawing, laboratory technology and medication
- Possess thorough understanding of medical conditions to explain a diagnosis
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a registered nurse
- 2+ years of Law Firm or Law Firm Support experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity in using an electronic document management systems.
If you have the relevant experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., Chief Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.