McCarter & English, LLP is actively seeking a Patent Specialist for its Washington, DC office location. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Responsible for the preparation of IP documents; e-filing with the USPTO and other offices.
· Prepare legal correspondence and proofreading to ensure accuracy.
· Maintain attorney’s docket and monitor deadlines
· Process bills; proof billing sheets; review and edit bills
· Arrange travel; process expenses;
· Daily mailing and filing responsibilities
· Assist other Patent Assistants within the group
· Photocopy and collate documents for mailings
· Compile and prepare reports and presentations
Training and Experience
A minimum of two years of legal assistant experience in the patent field. Must type a minimum of 70 words per minute.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
· Comprehensive knowledge of US and foreign patent & trademark prosecution procedures
· Comprehensive knowledge in the preparation of IP documents; e-filing with the USPTO.
· Comprehensive knowledge of effective proofreading techniques.
· Comprehensive knowledge of MS office.
· Must be able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced environment.
· Ability to type accurately and use a personal computer.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.