The Newark, New Jersey office of McCarter & English, LLP seeks a full-time Systems Engineer. If you have relevant experience, we would like you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to Christine Lydon, Chief Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com.
The systems engineer position is part of a five person team. The team is responsible for all design, implementation and maintenance of the Firm’s Infrastructure deployed within the data centers, regional offices and the cloud. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT networking/server infrastructure within the data centers. The position requires that the individual has a strong working technical knowledge of Microsoft systems & server technologies as well as VMware, SAN, Citrix, and Online Cloud implementation.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all physical & virtual servers, storage, and Disaster Recovery (DR) based operations throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for designing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining the stability and performance of the server environment including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix VDI and MDM.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environment.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network, server, and data center design, configuration, and procedures.
- Monitor all mission-critical systems on a daily basis for upkeep and performance.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to implement and upgrade to new technology solutions.
- Work with the Network Manager on the overall strategy for the infrastructure design and implementation.
- Interact with other IT groups to implement backend systems as needed.
- Provide cross-training within the team and the department.
- Research trends, products, and services for the purpose of recommending procedural updates.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field and a minimum of 7 years directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skill
Individual needs the ability to troubleshoot server applications, perform application maintenance, document application recovery plans, and collaborate with other members of the IT organization as needed.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing with hands-on experience of migrating workloads to Azure, such as Microsoft 365/Exchange and Teams administrzation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019.
- Strong experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2016 and Exchange Online.
- Proficient in installing, configuring & troubleshooting virtualized IT infrastructure within VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix Hypervisor.
- Experience with Storage Area Network like Pure Storage or other enterprise grade storage platforms.
- Experience building and supporting Disaster Recovery systems.
- Excellent knowledge of datacenter technologies and design conventions.
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop a plus.
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler a plus.
- Experience with Veeam Backup/replicate or other enterprise grade backup solutions a plus.
- Proficient in providing process documentation and infrastructure diagrams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 24/7 emergency response capabilities.
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills.
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are essential to particular positions within the class.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.