McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Systems Engineer for its Newark office. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at email@example.com.
The systems engineer position is part of a five person team. The team is responsible for all design, implementation and maintenance of the Firm’s Infrastructure deployed within the data centers, regional offices and the cloud. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT networking/server infrastructure within the data centers. The position requires that the individual has a strong working technical knowledge of Microsoft systems & server technologies as well as VMware, SAN, Citrix, and Online Cloud implementation.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all physical & virtual servers, storage, and Disaster Recovery (DR) based operations throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for designing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining the stability and performance of the server environment including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix VDI and MDM.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environment.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network, server, and data center design, configuration, and procedures.
- Monitor all mission-critical systems on a daily basis for upkeep and performance.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to implement and upgrade to new technology solutions.
- Work with the Network Manager on the overall strategy for the infrastructure design and implementation.
- Interact with other IT groups to implement backend systems as needed.
- Provide cross-training within the team and the department.
- Research trends, products, and services for the purpose of recommending procedural updates.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
Training and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field and a minimum of 7 years directly related work experience.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.