McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Temp-to-Perm Project Service Center Specialist for its New York Office. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule: Monday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
The position provides word processing support to both legal and non-legal staff. The position plays an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service to clients.
- Creates and revises complex legal documents, adhering to formatting and departmental best practices
- Performs advance proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 2016: including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Litera Change-Pro, Adobe/Nuance, and Outlook.
- Performs extensive formatting and editing of documents, including advanced features such as table of authority, table of content, cross-referencing, bookmarks, track changes, mail merge, red-line/black line documents, etc.
- Converts documents from one application to another, including cleaning, formatting and applying styles as needed. Utilizing Innova numbering system.
- Ability to troubleshoot documents, including corrupt documents and files.
- Performs transcription either via tape or using software such as BigHand.
- Provides administrative support (e.g., time entry, copying/printing of documents, messenger services).
- Creates links from table of contents of PDFs.
- Creates binders and table of contents
- Performs document reproduction, printing documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.) and the delivery of same.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook) and conversion software.
- Ability to learn various job-related computer software (e.g., Best Authority, DocXTools, Nuance, Innova numbering system).
- Knowledge of OCR conversion software (e.g., Nuance / Abby PDF Transformer).
- Demonstrated knowledge of proofreading techniques.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years Word Processing and related technical experience.
- Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Typing at 55 words per minute with 90% accuracy.
- Proofreading proficiency with 90% accuracy.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in group settings
- Analytical in identifying problems and formulating solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effort.
- Able to work independently, use sound judgment and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet the demands of the job.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks.
- Good communication skills both orally and in written work.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.