McCarter & English, LLP seeks a full-time paralegal to work in the IP/IT Practice Group in either our Newark NJ, New York NY, Hartford or Stamford CT, or Boston MA Offices. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of experience as a trademark paralegal. Candidates must have experience in both domestic trademark prosecution and oppositions, as well as involvement in managing similar foreign filings through foreign counsel. Candidates must also have the ability to organize and coordinate mail, correspondence (internally and externally) and manage an active calendar. PowerPoint and Excel skills important. If you have relevant experience, we would like you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to Christine Lydon, Chief Human Resources Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include some or all of the following):
- Conduct clearance searches using online databases, and review and analyze cited references for potential conflicts.
- Prepare and file trademark applications, amendments, statements of use, assignments, renewal applications, and other trademark-related documents with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) and foreign trademark offices.
- Manage and update the trademark docket, including ensuring that all trademark-related deadlines are accurately recorded and monitored.
- Correspond with clients to report the status of active matters and to respond to client inquiries.
- Provide support in litigation and enforcement matters, including preparing exhibits and discovery materials, and conducting research as needed.
- Additional tasks as necessary in support of the department.
- Strong computer skills; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience required; database experience a plus.
- Highly motivated, pleasant individual with professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be able to exercise independence and good judgment, think creatively to solve problems, and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must maintain a high quality work product, have the ability to schedule work to meet department deadlines and be able to perform job responsibilities under pressure efficiently, productively and in a professional manner.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer