McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure/Application Engineer for its office located in Newark, NJ. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at email@example.com.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure/Application Engineer
- The position’s primary responsibility is to lead the Citrix administration and support using Citrix Studio, Director, PVS, SCCM, Microsoft Cloud Management Gateway, and System Center Configuration Manager. Automate tasks by scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch).
- Participate in establishing platform standards, capacity planning, patching, upgrades, health checks, availability, performance troubleshooting/resolution, and license management. Build, deliver and maintain desktop OS and application images. Participate in testing, provisioning desktops, configuring and managing policies, and desktop image housekeeping activities.
- Participate in Citrix DR Tests in support of mission-critical IT service continuity/BCP planning. Participate in root cause analysis and related documentation and communication.
- Develop and maintain cooperation and trust between team members by working collaboratively with all parties. Recommend upgrades or enhancements that support the technical environment and meet McCarter and English’s business needs. Assist in the end-user experience and provide end-user support at needed.
- 5+ years of experience with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, preferably in versions 7.x, in establishing platform standards, capacity planning, patching, upgrades, health checks, availability and performance troubleshooting, and resolution and license management.
- 5+ years of experience in deploying and managing VDI’s using Citrix PVS and MCS, including building, delivering, and maintaining desktop OS and application images, participating in testing, provisioning desktops, configuring and managing policies, and caring for desktop image housekeeping activities.
- 5+ years of experience with Citrix administration and support using Citrix Studio, Director and Citrix profile management to create and manage machine catalogs, delivery groups, and provision and support of virtual desktops.
- 5+ years of experience managing Citrix Netscaler appliances, virtual and physical.
- Good working knowledge of Citrix platform DR capability, deployment, and support with experience participating in Citrix DR Tests in support of mission-critical IT service continuity/BCP planning.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, Windows OS, and related Microsoft tools like SCCM.
- Possess sound technical knowledge, a strong work ethic, and superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and acquire new skills.
- Ability to adhere to documented standards and procedures, including change management, incident, and problem management.
- Ability to work with vendor hardware and software engineers to escalate investigation and resolution of problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team in an efficient and collaborative manner.
- Possess a high degree of energy, accountability, initiative, and innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer