In this session 2 of 4 of the Buy American Act and Domestic Preference series, Cara Wulf introduces the Trade Agreements Act and explores when and how it applies, with a particular focus on how it interacts with the Buy American Act. She explores how to identify situations where an exception to the TAA may apply, and how to navigate those situations. She also explore the difference between “substantial transformation” under the TAA, how it differs from “manufacturing” under the BAA, and what those differences mean for compliance with the applicable TAA regulations and contract clauses.
- Understand the purpose and applicability of the Trade Agreements Act
- Understand when the Buy American Act and when the Trade Agreements Act applies
- Understand the Trade Agreements Act regulations and clauses as they apply to end products, constructions materials, and services
- Recognize exceptions to the Trade Agreements Act requirements and when they apply
- Put products and construction materials to the test for the TAA