Our Life Sciences team brings substantial experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, and healthcare fields to established organizations and startup life sciences ventures.
Our knowledge base in these industries has earned our firm a seat at the table when these companies make far-reaching decisions ranging from structuring clinical trials and raising venture capital to pursuing in-depth research into groundbreaking medicines and devices. We bring extensive hands-on experience in protecting the valuable intellectual property that feeds the long-term success of these enterprises. This close link between company and legal teams allows our Life Sciences practitioners to solve new and compelling issues and to pave the way for risk avoidance and financial success.
Our range of experience on behalf of life sciences companies and healthcare groups includes representing them in sophisticated financing transactions, such as public offerings, venture capital investments, and private placement of securities. We also protect brands that represent billions of dollars in development and marketing and assess product risk during the clinical trial phase of the drug approval process. Our team is well versed in managing environmental, real estate, employment, and tax issues as well as serving as lead, national, or principal counsel in class-action pharmaceutical and medical device mass liability cases involving some of the most well-known drugs and devices in the world.
We serve life sciences companies in nearly every aspect of their businesses and operations, ensuring future growth and increasing market share by:
- Assessing legal risks during the product development stage
- Assisting in obtaining governmental clearances
- Facilitating funding efforts through venture capital sources
- Navigating through increasingly complex privacy laws and regulations, particularly in the health care field
- Guarding intellectual property through strategic counseling and, if necessary, in patent infringement, trademark infringement and false advertising litigation
- Building on our high technology and information systems experience as these disciplines converge at the frontier of research and development
- Prosecuting and defending commercial, product liability, and tort litigation matters with decades of litigation and trial experience nationwide