“Market sources describe the firm’s insurance group as ‘the cream of the crop’ and the ‘preeminent insurance litigation practice from a policyholder standpoint.’”
— Chambers USA 2019
Accidents, natural disasters, and lawsuits may not only adversely impact your profitability—they could significantly impair your business operations. Our Insurance Recovery, Litigation & Counseling team assists corporate policyholders in recovering your assets under your various business insurance policies as quickly and efficiently as possible so you can get back to business.
We are well versed in representing corporate policyholders in securing billions of dollars in insurance claims both by judgment and settlement. We also help you assess potential risks, analyze new insurance products, and consider the adequacy of your insurance programs. Our insurance practitioners are also skilled in drafting and implementing procedures to best position our clients for insurance recovery.
Having litigated insurance recovery matters in state, federal, and appellate courts across the country, we have built a network of local counsel who partner with us to quickly and efficiently resolve any dispute. We also frequently handle international insurance arbitrations to help policyholders recover money owed on business polices’ claims from virtually any US, UK, and EU insurer. When insurers try to avoid their obligations, our team possesses unparalleled experience in negotiation and, if necessary, litigation against delinquent insurers. We also have extensive experience counseling on broker malpractice, captive formation, and management.
Insurance Recovery, Litigation & Counseling Litigation Fast Facts
- Twenty-five lawyers working nationwide
- Six partners ranked in Chambers USA
- Ranked Tier 1 by Chambers USA in New Jersey and Tier 3 in Pennsylvania
- Represents policyholders and brokers
- Handles insurance litigation related to any type of business coverage
Areas of Focus
- Advertising injury and intellectual property coverage disputes
- Business interruption coverage disputes
- Construction and construction defect coverage disputes
- Procurement of insurance for real estate developers, owners, and related trades
- Errors, omissions and malpractice disputes
- D&O and fiduciary liability coverage disputes
- Employment liability coverage disputes
- Environmental insurance coverage disputes
- Food and beverage coverage disputes
- Insurance broker malpractice disputes
- International insurance arbitration
- Product liability/mass tort insurance disputes