“Market sources describe the firm’s insurance group as ‘the cream of the crop’ and the ‘preeminent insurance litigation practice from a policyholder standpoint.’”
—Chambers USA 2019
Accidents, natural disasters, and lawsuits may not only adversely impact your profitability—they could significantly impair your business operations. Our Insurance Recovery, Litigation & Counseling team assists corporate policyholders in recovering assets under various business insurance policies as quickly and efficiently as possible so they can get back to business.
We are well versed in representing corporate policyholders, and have secured billions of dollars in insurance both by judgment and settlement. We also help assess potential risks, analyze new insurance products, and consider the adequacy of insurance programs. Our insurance practitioners are also skilled in drafting and implementing procedures to best position our clients for insurance recovery.
Because we have litigated coverage for clients in state, federal, and appellate courts across the country, we have built a network of local counsel who partner with us to quickly and efficiently resolve disputes. We also frequently handle international insurance arbitrations to help policyholders recover money owed by international insurers. When insurers try to avoid their obligations, our team possesses unparalleled experience in negotiation and, if necessary, litigation against delinquent insurers. We also have extensive experience counseling on broker malpractice, captive formation, and management.
Insurance Recovery, Litigation & Counseling Litigation Fast Facts
- Twenty-five lawyers dedicated to insurance recovery working nationwide
- Six partners ranked in Chambers USA
- Ranked Tier 1 by Chambers USA in New Jersey and Tier 3 in Pennsylvania
- Handles insurance litigation and counseling related to any type of business coverage
Areas of Focus
- Product liability/mass tort insurance disputes
- Environmental insurance coverage disputes
- Business interruption coverage disputes
- D&O and fiduciary liability coverage disputes
- Construction and construction defect coverage disputes
- International insurance arbitration
- Assist clients in the procurement of insurance
- Errors, omissions and malpractice disputes
- Employment liability coverage disputes
- Food and beverage coverage disputes
- Insurance broker malpractice disputes
- Advertising injury and intellectual property coverage disputes