McCarter has more than 160 years of experience advising businesses faced with major crises, from product recalls to quelling upheaval at a sports franchise after criminal charges were filed against a celebrity player.
Our Crisis Management lawyers effectively manage and prevent catastrophic situations for our clients, including data security breaches, white-collar fraud investigations, gender discrimination allegations, and environmental disasters. We provide rational, proven conflict–resolution strategies to help pull clients back from the brink of financial and reputational harm.
Drawing on our team of former prosecutors, former government agencies professionals, and criminal defense lawyers, we address each crisis head on and help stabilize your organization through containment, response, and remediation.
Our work has involved:
- Negotiating effective settlements with regulators, legislators, and private parties
- Notifying parties that may have been impacted in compliance with DOJ, SEC, and FTC disclosure requirements
- Implementing cleanup efforts under EPA and NOAA rules
- Recovering insurance monies owed
- Putting new or additional policies and procedures in place to lower risk, limit future liability, and protect or restore damaged reputations