McCarter & English LLP currently seeks an IP Docketing Paralegal for any of its office locations. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send you resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP Docketing Paralegal
Maintains a historical record of service and filings. Computes and calendars corresponding due dates on computer system. Alerts Firm attorneys, patent agents and assistants of receipt of notices, and impending deadlines. Assists attorneys and secretaries with generating Docket Reports as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle the daily maintenance and overall operation of the Firm’s computerized docketing system including the docketing of all incoming mail from the USPTO, international patent offices, clients and international associates; docketing prosecution and interference due dates for all US patent cases into the docketing system including USPTO and court filings dates; abandoning cases and entering data relating to cases transferred to and from the Firm
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of all data entry including the data entry of new US and foreign, patent, interference and litigation case data; Maintain a high level of quality by reviewing all data entry on a daily basis
- Clear due dates on the docketing system on a daily basis per instruction from Attorneys/Assistants.
- Assist opening, stamping, logging and distributing mail; processing incoming facsimiles and other duties as assigned
- No supervisory responsibilities
- 2 plus years US and foreign docketing experience required; computerized docketing experience required
- CPI & IP experience required
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Patent and Trademark filing, prosecution and registration procedures.
- MS Office and Word Perfect experience required
- Type 50-75 WPM
- Must be able to exercise independence and good judgment; have excellent attention to detail; and maintain discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must maintain a high quality work product, have the ability to schedule work to meet department deadlines and be able to perform job responsibilities under pressure efficiently, productively and in a professional manner
- High school graduate required; undergraduate degree preferred
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer