McCarter & English LLP is actively seeking a Legal Assistant for its Indianapolis office. If you have the appropriate experience, we invite you to consider joining our team. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcribes legal briefs, correspondence, letters, minutes of meetings, and confidential memorandum
- Types a variety of legal documents from rough and oral drafts; relays instructions to other staff and attorneys as directed by the supervisor
- Assists with travel arrangements, internal correspondence (requisitions, reimbursements, etc.) for attorneys, paralegals
- Prepares, maintains and confirms daily work calendars and schedule meetings and appointments
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail and ensures outgoing mail is timely delivered; if necessary routes mail to a specific delivery services
- Processes bills; proofs billing sheets; reviews and edits bills
- Maintain supervisor’s legal confidential and administrative files
- Assist other assistants within the group
- Photocopy and collate documents for mailings
- Compile and prepare reports and presentations
Training and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of legal assistance experience.
- Must type a minimum of 70 words per minutes.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern legal office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of legal documents preparation, legal terminology and court procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, document production, Adobe Professional, redline comparisons, digital dictation.
- Considerable knowledge of effective proofreading
Excellent oral and written communication skills. McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.