Our Global Trade team takes the complexity out of international trade relations for importers, producers, and exporters doing business across borders.
With an emphasis on export controls and trade compliance, we help our clients exchange goods and services efficiently while achieving full compliance with associated laws and regulations. We offer experienced counsel for all aspects of the criminal process from grand jury investigations to post-indictment proceedings, including arraignment, trial, sentencing, appeal, and post-conviction remedies.
We bring in-depth industry knowledge and a deep understanding of the items affecting our clients’ interests. Among other pressing global trade issues, we help clients:
- Identify and resolve sensitive responses to government investigations of potential International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) violations
- Prepare agreements and license applications for tangible and intangible exports controlled by the ITAR or EAR
- Ensure export authorizations are compliant with recent export control reforms (ECRs) and advise on how BIS and DDTC are reviewing license applications in a post-ECR era
- Manage the impact of ECRs and provide risk-based assessments of clients’ existing licenses, agreements, and CJs
- Respond to ever-evolving requirements and help them develop well-planned post-ECR licensing strategies
- Handle False Claims Act (FCA) matters for companies of all sizes, which is one of the most heavily litigated areas in federal and state courts and requires a high level of sophistication and understanding to achieve a successful result
- Assist contractors in responding to pre-award and post-award audits and investigations by federal and state auditing agencies and inspectors general