Section 3610 of the CARES Act empowers contracting officers to grant modifications to contracts providing additional funds to keep contracting personnel—unable to work due to COVID-19 related occurrences—“in a ready state.” We will discuss the current state of play in the DoD’s roll-out of the CARES Act (including the release of a new cost principle and “living” FAQ’s), and address the following:
- What relief is available?
- Does relief depend upon the type of contract or other funding instrument?
- Is relief mandatory or discretionary?
- How are the modifications funded?
- In what form should the contractor request relief?
- Can subcontractors take advantage the relief afforded under Section 3610?
- Are there other avenues for seeking COVID-19-related additional costs?
- Is a contractor disqualified from the PPP loan program if it seeks to recover “payroll” costs under Section 3610?
McCarter & English partners with the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Boston Chapter to present this webinar.
McCarter & English presenters:
Daniel J. Kelly, Partner
Alexander W. Major, Partner
Franklin C. Turner, Partner