Franklin Turner is Co-Chair of the Government Contracts & Global Trade Practice Group. He has extensive experience representing a broad array of companies – ranging from multinational Fortune 100 corporations to mid market clients and small businesses operating in the aerospace, defense, information technology, health care, and industrial supply sectors. Franklin’s multifaceted practice includes:
- Assisting companies with comprehensive claims for payment arising from disputes with federal agencies.
- Prosecuting and defending against bid protests.
- Assisting companies with the review and analysis of federal and state solicitations.
- Preparing and negotiating teaming agreements, joint venture arrangements, and subcontracts.
- Counseling companies regarding compliance with small business regulations and related issues.
- Conducting internal investigations to ensure his clients’ compliance with federal procurement regulations and related statutes.
- Preparing and submitting mandatory and voluntary disclosures.
- Counseling prime contractors and subcontractors regarding contract disputes, requests for equitable adjustment, and claims.
- Defending companies against False Claims Act allegations and resolving related concerns.
- Providing advice to companies regarding the cost accounting standards and contract cost principles – including issues of cost allowability, allocability and reasonableness.
- Designing and implementing comprehensive corporate compliance programs.
- Assisting companies with responses to audits and subpoenas issued by federal and state agencies.
- Advising contractors in connection with mergers and acquisitions due diligence.
Franklin is a prolific author and lecturer and is routinely called upon by national and international news organizations to offer his insight regarding developments in the federal procurement industry. Over the course of his career, Franklin has successfully represented hundreds of companies in connection with matters involving a multitude of federal government entities – including every major federal agency and state agencies throughout the nation.