The holiday season and approaching new year offer us the opportunity to reflect on 2019 and the many clients and friends who partnered with us along the way. The past year was transformative for McCarter—we received tremendous recognition and celebrated honors awarded to several of our practices as well as individual lawyers, who achieved extraordinary results for our clients, distinguished themselves as industry leaders, and devoted their time and talent to improve our communities.
The individual distinctions are too numerous to mention, but a few of the accolades awarded to the firm and our practice groups are highlighted below:
- In December, The American Lawyer honored our New Jersey Litigation team with the 2019 Regional Litigation Department of the Year for New Jersey, recognizing the firm’s excellent work and significant wins on behalf of clients across multiple industries. Law360 also recognized our litigators’ accomplishments, naming the firm a New Jersey Powerhouse for Litigation.
- Our Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Companies team continues to rank among the leading global law firms in venture capital transactions, according to the recently released PitchBook 3Q 2019 Global League Tables. Based on deal activity we rank 7th in the Mid-Atlantic, 10th in the United States, 10th in software globally, and 11th in early stage globally.
- Our global Trademark practice was named to the World Trademark Review 1000 list for the sixth consecutive year, recognizing the team’s ability to direct global brand management, stop counterfeiters, and protect valuable trademark assets.
- We expanded to a new office in Trenton to support the firm’s growing Government Affairs practice and more effectively serve our clients with regulatory and legislative needs.
- The firm was awarded the American Bar Association’s Pro Bono Publico Award, honoring our commitment to providing free legal services to low-income and otherwise marginalized people and communities.
- We received the Tri-State Diversity Council’s Most Engaged Company Award in recognition of our outstanding diversity and inclusion efforts.
- We received the Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum, for the eighth time, its highest level of recognition for commitment to the advancement of women in the legal industry.
These accomplishments would not have been possible without our valued friends and clients, who continue to challenge us and drive us to achieve heightened levels of success. We are grateful for your trust and partnership, and we look forward to celebrating another decade of success and innovation together.