Eleven partners in McCarter’s Intellectual Property practice have been named by World Trademark Review to the 2021 edition of its WTR 1000, the prestigious research directory that acknowledges the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals.
Since 2013, McCarter’s trademark lawyers in Boston, Newark, and New York have been named to the list and recognized for the “enforcement and litigation” and “prosecution and strategy” categories, making this the ninth year in a row the firm has been recognized.
The 2021 list includes:
- Mark H. Anania (New Jersey, Litigation)
- Erik P. Belt (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Lee Carl Bromberg (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Scott S. Christie (New Jersey, Litigation)
- James H. Donoian (New York, Enforcement and Litigation/Prosecution and Strategy)
- Michael R. Friscia (New Jersey, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Mark D. Giarratana (New York, Enforcement and Litigation/Prosecution and Strategy)
- Susan Okin Goldsmith (New Jersey, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Lori Shyavitz (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Keith Toms (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Margarita Wallach (New York, Enforcement and Litigation)
The publication touted the group’s ability to deliver “excellent 360-degree IP service,” and “crisp results across the contentious/non-contentious divide, with a special aptitude for brand development, pharmaceutical trademark clearance, and selection and complex litigation.”
WTR 1000 noted that because McCarter lawyers are “acutely aware of the business difference that distinctive brand identities can make, its trademark practitioners dispatch all types of brand management, enforcement, and monetization instructions – and do so globally – with a sure hand,” adding “McCarter & English excels at building strong brands from the ground up that will endure the test of time.”
WTR 1000 ranks the most outstanding firms and individuals in trademark law through an extensive research process involving hundreds of interviews with lawyers and clients.