Nine partners in McCarter’s Intellectual Property practice have been named to the 2020 edition of World Trademark Review 1000, the prestigious research directory that acknowledges the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals.
Since 2013 McCarter’s trademark attorneys in Boston, Newark, and New York have been named to the list and recognized for the “enforcement and litigation” and “prosecution and strategy” categories, making this the eighth year in a row the firm has been recognized.
The 2020 list includes:
- Erik P. Belt (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Lee Carl Bromberg (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Scott S. Christie (New Jersey, Litigation)
- James Donoian (New York, Enforcement and Litigation/Prosecution and Strategy)
- Michael Friscia (New Jersey, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Susan Goldsmith (New Jersey, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Lori Shyavitz (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Keith Toms (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Margarita Wallach (New York, Enforcement and Litigation)
The publication touted the group’s ability to direct global brand management; handle all aspects of the trademark lifecycle from trademark prosecution and litigation to anti-counterfeiting and commercialization; and partner closely with clients in a business-like and pragmatic approach.
World Trademark Review 1000 recognized that McCarter’s “culture of collaboration – across offices and practices – lends itself well to creative problem solving and advanced strategizing, both of which are strong suits of the trademark team,” adding “there is nothing that McCarter & English cannot do for trademark owners or technology companies with patent-related needs. Building, maintaining, and enhancing strong brands while problem solving innovatively along the way is something that the group has well and truly mastered.” The World Trademark Review 1000 ranks the most outstanding firms and individuals in trademark law through an extensive research process involving hundreds of interviews with lawyers and clients.