Alex Major, Co-leader of McCarter & English’s Government Contracts and Exports Control and a leading educator in the area of practical corporate cybersecurity, will be lead faculty for Today’s General Counsel’s “The Exchange” Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Forum in Dallas, Texas on November 15-16.
“The Exchange” colloquium is designed for senior business executives and security practitioners from both the public and private sector. The program is unique in the use of an interactive format between audience and faculty providing a deep understanding and practical advice regarding major cybersecurity challenges facing organizations today. There are no PowerPoint presentations in this format, just real discussions from key thought leaders, professionals, and technical experts, following a set agenda addressing key areas of cutting edge information and data security that effect every organization today. Topics will include:
- Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) — the role and importance of privacy protections, building information sharing and trust between public and private sectors
- Presumption of Litigation — including U.S. Supreme Court case (Spokeo, Wyndham v FTC, 3rd Cir., Remijas v Neiman Marcus, 7th Cir.)
- Cyber liability insurance
- Corporate Governance vs. Security — lessons from recent breaches, risk/benefit analysis, Prioritization
- Deflect, Detect, Respond, React, Recover — perimeter defenses, threat detection and testing, building and implementing a comprehensive response plan
- Outsourcing Big Data to the Cloud — data privacy regulation considerations, data commingling, Safe Harbor compliance
- Operating in the Shadows — DarkNet/TOR, cyber criminals and recent arrests, data sharing across borders
- Fighting the Cyber War — where are we today?
- Cybersecurity Market Future — today and tomorrow
- And more…
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Register for FREE to any of our Cyber events until October 31 using the code CYBERCOMP. (This offer is not available to vendors or service providers.)