Public Contracting Institute02/15/17-02/16/17
Alexander Major and Franklin Turner spoke on Trending Developments in Government Contract Compliance and Cybersecurity on February 15th and 16th at The Public Contracting Institute, Washington DC.
This 1.5 day course examined the intersection of cybersecurity compliance and regulations and federal government contracting. Contracts and cybersecurity attorneys Alexander Major and Franklin Turner will discuss the following topics:
1. Pertinent cybersecurity definitions
2. Threat management
3. Breach response
4. Cybersecurity costs
5. Hacker motivations
6. FAR and DFARS requirements pertaining to information systems
7. The NIST framework
8. Agency-wide efforts to regulate cybersecurity
9. Cloud computing requirements
10. Liability for data breaches
For information, click here.