Jeffrey Mann focuses his practice at the intersection of intellectual property, technology, data privacy, and security. Jeff excels in advising clients in all facets of intellectual property, privacy, and complex tech transactions. He constructs complex agreements for deals involving technology in the mechanical, electrical, and life sciences fields. He is also experienced with patent matters across the mechanical, electrical, computer science, and technology sectors.
Jeff is exceptionally experienced in drafting and negotiating cloud provider agreements, software license and maintenance agreements, outsourcing agreements, development agreements, trademark license agreements, intellectual property security agreements, and distribution agreements for various companies.
He is also involved in the prosecution of patent applications before the Patent and Trademark Office and helps clients protect their core business technologies through the building, structuring and managing of multinational patent portfolios to optimize their market position and protect them from infringement by competitors. Jeff represents a wide variety of industry-leading businesses and inventors, devising comprehensive strategies for capturing, evaluating, patenting, leveraging, and protecting their innovations worldwide.
Clients frequently call on Jeff to advise on and conduct due diligence related to the intellectual property, information technology, and privacy aspects of corporate, financial restructuring, real estate, structured finance, and insurance transactions. They further rely on him for guidance on issues related to websites, including domain name resolutions and the use of open-source software, as well as trademark, counterfeiting, and copyright-related matters.
An International Association of Privacy Professionals designated Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), Jeff also advises clients on data privacy, cybersecurity, and technology matters, including data licensing, cloud services, and outsourcing issues. He has particular areas of focus on financial products and systems and the advertising sector.
- Prepared and negotiated license and software development agreements in connection with alternative trading systems.
- Represented a television network in connection with licensing of trademarks and other intellectual property related to studio operations.
- Assisted a large financial institution in transferring its operations to a cloud provider, including drafting and negotiating cloud provider and outsourcing agreements.
- Prepared privacy documentation and other agreements in connection with the launch of a variety of mobile apps.
- Prepared and negotiated trademark license agreements on behalf of a creditor committee as part of a multimillion-dollar bankruptcy proceeding.
- Prepared and negotiated Development and Supply Agreements in connection with intraocular lenses accompanying injector systems and ophthalmic surgical products for cataract surgery.
- Represented an IP-based video surveillance software provider in successfully resolving patent infringement litigation.
- Participated in the structuring and negotiating of transactions related to the transfer of electronic trading platforms and risk management software.
- Prepared and negotiated various license agreements, including development agreements for clients in the electronic imaging, photofinishing, medical system, life sciences, graphic arts, and advertising industries.
- Prepared, filed, and prosecuted patent applications related to various medical devices for a leading global medical device company and related to novel financial products for a financial industry client.
- Negotiated asset purchase and stock purchase agreements for several clients in the context of M&A, real estate, insurance, restructuring, and bankruptcy-related transactions.