We understand the objectives of both borrowers and lenders and know the market opportunities available to them. Fortune 500 corporations, startup ventures, investment funds, financial institutions, asset managers, and others rely on our advice for their most important debt financing transactions, from mergers and acquisitions to significant capital restructurings.
Our experience is broad and includes:
- Asset-based and working capital financings
- Commercial lending forms review and analysis
- Enforcement and collection proceedings and other matters involving creditor’s rights and bankruptcy
- Factoring transactions
- General obligation bond issuance by government entities
- Import and export financings and cross-border financings
- Intercreditor and subordination agreements
- Leveraged acquisitions, management buyouts and “going private” financings
- Letters of credit, repurchase and banker’s acceptance facilities
- Loan participations and syndications
- Loan restructurings and workouts, including debtor-in-possession financings
- Project financings related to energy and public power, water and sewer, education and infrastructure
We represent mezzanine funds; bank-affiliated private equity and mezzanine groups; institutional investors; banks and bank holding companies; corporate strategic investment programs; and insurance companies in mezzanine investment matters. From investment to exit, we are prepared to structure transactions, negotiate terms, and document deals to achieve the appropriate balance of risk and reward.
Our lawyers are also active in handling private equity and leveraged buy-out matters, enabling them to counsel clients with a broad knowledge of the legal, tax and business issues that arise in these complex financing transactions.