Eleven partners in McCarter’s Intellectual Property practice have been named by World Trademark Review to the 2022 edition of its WTR 1000, the prestigious research directory that acknowledges the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals.
Since 2013, McCarter’s trademark lawyers in Boston, Newark, and New York have been named to the list and recognized for the “enforcement and litigation” and “prosecution and strategy” categories, making this the tenth year in a row the firm has been recognized.
The 2022 List Includes:
- Erik P. Belt (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Lee Carl Bromberg (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Scott S. Christie (New Jersey)
- James H. Donoian (New York, Enforcement, Litigation, Prosecution, and Strategy)
- Michael R. Friscia (New Jersey)
- Kelly J. Garrone (New Jersey)
- Mark D. Giarratana (New York, Enforcement, Litigation, Prosecution, and Strategy)
- Susan Okin Goldsmith (New Jersey)
- Lori Shyavitz (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Keith Toms (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Margarita Wallach (New York, Enforcement and Litigation)
WTR1000 said that McCarter is “Richly resourced in the IP space, McCarter & English designs and implements total solutions for rights holders thanks to an interdisciplinary approach which sees experts in different areas of IP law collaborate to protect, enforce and monetise clients’ diverse portfolios. Strengthening brands at a global level through finely calibrated multi-jurisdictional strategies is a forte of the group,”
WTR calls McCarter “a key partner to rights holders across the trademark lifecycle. Many of its lawyers have fine-grained patent and brands knowledge and field a diverse array of challenging instructions, which keeps them sharp and ready for anything.” The publication also noted how the group “has seen a dramatic increase in load recently, but has never come close to being overwhelmed: with more than 100 IP lawyers, technical specialists and patent agents across its regional office network, the firm has the bandwidth to take on and run many large projects concurrently. On the trademark side, global portfolio management and development assignments and multi-jurisdictional enforcement briefs have kept New York-based trademark group…”
WTR 1000 ranks the most outstanding firms and individuals in trademark law through an extensive research process involving hundreds of interviews with lawyers and clients.