We represent public companies and companies seeking to go public in all aspects of securities law. Our advice covers corporate governance, reporting and disclosure requirements, regulatory concerns, enforcement and investigations, and securities transactions. We are well versed in structuring and implementing securities law compliance programs to establish best practices for issuers and regulated financial institutions. We also represent broker-dealers and other regulated financial institutions.
As underwriters’ counsel, we operate in a practical and efficient manner to focus our legal due diligence on issues material to investors, and to ensure that registration statements and prospectuses satisfy the interrelated requirements of disclosure and marketing. As issuers’ counsel, we get inside our clients’ business to understand their goals and create “going public” plans that best suit their needs.
We offer clients our broad experience handling capital-raising and other transactions, including:
- Registered public offerings of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, exchange offers, and business combinations
- Private offerings of equity and debt securities by both public companies and privately held companies
- Public and private transactions implicating US federal and state securities laws in cross-border M&A and financing transactions
- Hedging transactions
- Going private transactions
- Financial services securities and bank holding company matters