McCarter’s Intellectual Property Practice has been named to the World Trademark Review 1000 list for the sixth year in a row.
The publication touted the group’s ability to direct global brand management, halt counterfeiters in their tracks, and enforce and protect valuable trademark assets in court and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
World Trademark Review 1000 recognized that McCarter “knows how to find the path forward in unfamiliar environments and works only with the best foreign associates,” acknowledging recent case highlights that “involve enforcing rights in China and developing strategies for that jurisdiction and others in Asia-Pacific.” The publication also lauded McCarter’s diverse client base, “which is a testament to the team’s flexibility and dexterous tailoring.”
Since 2013, McCarter’s trademark lawyers in Boston, Newark, and New York have been recognized individually for their outstanding “enforcement and litigation” or “prosecution and strategy” prowess. The 2019 list includes:
- Erik P. Belt (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Lee Carl Bromberg (Massachusetts, Enforcement and Litigation)
- Scott S. Christie (New Jersey, Litigation)
- James Donoian (New York, Enforcement and Litigation/Prosecution and Strategy)
- Michael Friscia (New Jersey, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Timothy Kelly (New York, Enforcement and Litigation/Prosecution and Strategy)
- Susan Goldsmith (New Jersey, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Lori Shyavitz (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Keith Toms (Massachusetts, Prosecution and Strategy)
- Margarita Wallach (New York, Enforcement and Litigation)
For the past eight years, the World Trademark Review 1000 has ranked the most outstanding firms and individuals in trademark law through an extensive research process involving hundreds of interviews with lawyers and clients.