Our finance lawyers help clients to secure financing and structure investments to move forward on projects and strategic plans involving real property.
We represent lenders, investors, and borrowers in the full range of financing and investment transactions involving real estate, including:
- Fee and leasehold mortgages;
- Security agreements;
- Permanent, interim, and construction loan financing;
- Syndicated and mezzanine financing arrangements;
- Commercial mortgage-backed securities transactions; and
- Mortgage loan workouts and foreclosures.
We negotiate lending arrangements secured by varied asset types and sizes ranging from single assets to multi-asset property portfolios located around the country. To facilitate some of these transactions, we help clients structure joint venture, partnership and other ownership and operating arrangements. In partnership with our tax and corporate finance attorneys, we advise on the tax ramifications of such transactions and help clients capitalize on investment opportunities involving historic and new market credits and emerging Qualified Opportunity Zone transactions.