Our mergers and acquisitions lawyers guide both sellers and buyers through every step of a deal, from setting the strategy through to implementation.
Our work includes handling:
- Acquisitions from bankrupt entities, including Section 363 sales
- Auction processes
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances, and partnerships
- Management and other leveraged buyouts
- Mergers, including tax deferred transactions (direct and triangular), exchanges and other business combinations and recapitalization and reorganization transactions
- Multinational acquisitions and divestitures
- Related governance, including Board of Directors and Stockholders actions
- Stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions of publicly- and privately-held companies
We have handled business combinations ranging from small, privately negotiated transactions to mergers, tender offers and other transactions involving significant public companies. In the course of handling these transactions, our attorneys manage all aspects of federal and state securities law and other laws that may affect M&A activities, including Hart-Scott-Rodino compliance. Our services have prominent national and international dimensions, including serving as counsel to numerous U.S. affiliates of foreign companies.