Joann Lytle is a nationally recognized insurance coverage litigator who “is praised for her ‘pragmatic’ and ‘tenacious’ representation of policyholders in coverage disputes,” according to Chambers USA. Joann has a vast knowledge of coverage litigation and has represented corporate policyholders in a wide range of industries including managed care, health care, manufacturing, food services, banking and natural resources. She has recovered over a billion dollars in insurance assets for corporate policyholders, and her clients rely on her not just for litigation, arbitration and mediation, but also for thoughtful counseling and advice. Joann has handled coverage disputes involving myriad types of insurance policies, including directors and officers liability, errors and omissions liability, commercial general liability, employment practices liability and cyber insurance, and frequently advises clients on matters involving contractual indemnification and additional insured coverage. Representative client matters include:
- Providing insurance coverage advice to multiple policyholders for both first and third party claims stemming from the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Representing multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans in insurance coverage litigation arising out of multi-district antitrust class actions;
- Representing manufacturing clients in long-tail insurance coverage disputes involving asbestos and silica bodily injury claims and environmental contamination;
- Obtaining summary judgment requiring an insurance carrier to provide coverage for a $4 million punitive damages verdict against its policyholder in a product liability claim involving an allegedly-defective medical device;
- Obtaining additional insured coverage for a product manufacturer in a catastrophic bodily injury claim.